Of course, we all know that eating right, sleeping, and getting in your gym time at Healthy Fit, will help you feel more energized. But sometimes, let’s face it, we all need a little extra boost to get through the day. Here’s five ways to put a little pep in your step.
- Stay Hydrated. When your body isn’t getting enough fluids, your cells aren’t either and everything gets slowed down. Keep a reusable water bottle with you through out the day to make sure you’re drinking the recommended 6-8 glasses (about 8oz/glass) a day.
- Try Something New. Research show that when you try something new, the brain releases a dopamine, a chemical that’s responsible for (among many other things) motivation. Try it out today by joining us in a class at Healthy Fit that you haven’t tried yet!
- Stretch. When you’re stressed out, you have a tendency to tighten up your muscles. In turn, your body uses energy to keep those muscles tense! Take a few minutes to stretch and relax. Check out these 10 Basic Stretches from the Mayo Clinic for ideas.
- Get some Pep with Peppermint. The next time you’re at the drug store, think about picking up some peppermint lotion or lip gloss. Researchers at West Virginia’s Wheeling Jesuit University found that sniffing peppermint immediately improves both athletes’ running speed and office workers’ typing speed.
- Munch On Some Raw Veggies. Raw veggies and fruits are full of of energy-enhancing nutrients. So reach for a bag of baby carrots for your 3 PM snack instead of that cookie, which can cause a sugar crash.