Spicy Garlic Shrimp and Asparagus (10 min prep – 10 min cook)
A light and lean dinner idea with fresh asparagus, shrimp and garlic. It takes only minutes to prepare and tastes delicious! Serves: 2
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 2½ cups (about 1 lb) sliced asparagus
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1-2 teaspoons crushed red pepper
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 lb. Shrimp
- 1 cup low sodium vegetable broth
- 2 Tablespoons of lemon juice
- 1 cup prepared brown rice
-Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add asparagus, garlic, salt, crushed red pepper and black pepper; cook for 2 minutes, stirring frequently. Add shrimp, and cook for 4 minutes, stirring frequently.
-Stir in broth and juice; bring to a boil and cook a few minutes longer. Don’t overcook or the shrimp will become tough.
-Remove from heat; serve with juices over brown rice or other whole grain.
Serving size: ½ of recipe Calories: 360 Fat: 11g Carbohydrates: 15g Sugar: 5g Fiber: 5g Protein: 52g