A client mentioned this to me. She said it’s addicting… hence the name! Let’s give it a try!
Remember, portion control is key. I think if you took 1/2 cup it could be a great snack incorporating great fat (avocado) and protein (beans). Try throwing it on top of some grilled chicken or shrimp to add more protein!
- 2 (15oz) cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- 3 ears of corn (cooked), kernels cut off of cob (15.2 oz can of corn)
- 2 red bell peppers, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons minced shallots
- 2 teaspoons salt (to taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (to taste)
- 2 tablespoons sugar (to taste)
- 9 tablespoons olive oil (I would start with half of that and add as needed)
- 1 teaspoon lime zest (zest before juicing)
- 6 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro (to taste) plus more for garnish
- 2 Haas avocados, chopped