HAVE A HEALTHYFIT THANKSGIVING!
Take these steps to avoid the feeding frenzy…
- – Don’t skip breakfast. Follow your regular eating pattern (every 3 hours; meal; snack) so you are not overly hungry when the holiday meal is served.
- – Have a low-fat snack before leaving for your holiday meal. (full-fat Greek yogurt; low-fat cottage cheese; piece of fruit; small salad).
- – Spray pans with non-stick cooking spray instead of using butters or oils. When baking, replace half or all the butter or oil with equal amount of unsweetened applesauce.
- – Substitute two egg whites for each egg.
- – Prepare food with low-fat cheese.
- – Instead of heavy cream, use evaporated skim milk.
- – For pie crust, try crushed graham crackers.
- – If your stuffing calls for butter, eliminate it and use chicken broth.
- – Use fat-free broth to baste the turkey.
- – Before piling food on your plate, look at the food choices…don’t waste your calories on foods you can have every other day of the year.
- – Have tastes of your favorite holiday foods. No need to binge.
- – If you are having alcohol, follow every drink with water.