Recipe of The Week
Peanut Butter and Banana Chocolate Mini Muffins
Makes 24 mini muffins (serving size is 3 mini muffins)
4 scoops of peanut butter chocolate protein powder (we get it at Whole Foods)
¾ cup almond flour
1 Tbsp. millet (optional)
½ tsp. baking soda
¼ tsp. salt
¾ cup unsweetened plant-based milk
2 very ripe bananas, mashed
3 Tbsp. avocado oil
1 Tbsp. maple syrup
½ tsp. vanilla extract
1 Tbsp. crushed nuts (optional)
Coconut oil spray
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a mixing bowl, combine protein, almond flour, millet (if using), baking soda, and salt; whisk to combine.
3. In a separate bowl, combine plant-based milk, bananas, avocado oil, egg, maple syrup, and vanilla.
4. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix well.
5. Spray a mini muffin tray with coconut oil spray and evenly distribute the batter among the cups. Sprinkle with crushed nuts, if using.
6. Bake for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean.