Recipe of the Week
Ready for one of the easiest breakfast recipes ever? This recipe was inspired by two things: our love of salads and sweet + savory egg and oatmeal combo bowl. This bowl just has less grains and more greens!
- 2-3 teaspoons avocado or olive oil
- 2-3 eggs
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 2 -3 cups baby greens, spinach, kale or your favorite green
- 1/2 cup roasted cauliflower or roasted sweet potatoes
- 1/3 avocado, sliced
- fresh dill
- sea salt and pepper
Heat 2 teaspoons oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Once hot add onion and sauté for about 5 minutes. Add greens and roasted cauliflower and toss to combine. Sprinkle with sea salt. Cook, stirring often, 2 minutes or just until greens begin to wilt.
Transfer veggies to a salad bowl and then crack two eggs into the same pan, adding a little more oil if needed. Cook eggs to desired consistency (I like mine sunny side up) sprinkle with salt and pepper and place on top of sautéed greens. Top bowl with microgreens, fresh dill and sliced avocado. Serve with more salt and pepper and hot sauce if desired.
- For roasted cauliflower/sweet potatoes: Spread 3-4 cups of chopped veggies on a large baking sheet or stone and toss with 1-2 teaspoons avocado or olive oil, salt and pepper. Roast for 20 minutes at 425°F or until the veggies have browned and become tender. Be sure to toss the veggies at least once while roasting.