Getting Back on Track
When you feel like getting back on track is overwhelming, try one (or more) of these small steps each day:
1. Try a short workout. Even 20 minutes is better than nothing. For ideas and tips to optimize your workout, schedule your FREE 1 HOUR Personal Training session TODAY!
2. Try a new recipe. Cooking healthy foods can be fun and it never has to be bland.
3. Eat a healthy breakfast. Your morning meal sets the stage for the rest of your day, so start if off right!
4. Drink your water. Try to aim for 8 cups each day and you’ll feel the difference… seriously!
5. Check out our Healthy Fit Facebook Page for daily motivation, blogs, and member success stories!
6. Track your food. No matter how it adds up, you’ll learn from it. Schedule a complimentary visit with Kathy Soury, Healthy Living & Weight Loss Coach.
7. Share your goals. Whether you post them on social media or share them with a friend, you’ll be more accountable.
8. Kick it up at the work place or even in the kitchen while making breakfast for the kids! A few jumping jacks, march in place, or do some crunches. Small amounts do add up to something big… plus those endorphins are a sure way to boost your mood!
10. Find a buddy. Get support from friends, whether you need someone to listen or a workout partner for the gym! Studies show you’re not only more likely to stick with your routine when working out with a buddy but you also increase the intensity of your workout!
11. Take a walk. Don’t worry about how long or far you go—just get out there!
12. Take the stairs. Even if this is the only thing you do all day, you’ll feel stronger for it.
13. Listen to an inspirational song. Better yet, make a playlist of them so you can turn to it whenever you need a boost.
14. Eat a piece of fruit. Even if 5-9 servings of fruit and vegetables sounds impossible to you, one is doable.
15. Slow down!! You’ll be less likely to overeat and more likely to enjoy your meal.
16. Try something new! Sometimes simply changing up your routine with a new class can make all the difference. Word on the street is that Paul is doing a free Insanity class every Thursday night at 7:45PM…
With healthy eating and exercising, as long as you’re consistently out-stepping your steps back, you’re ahead of the game. If you expect perfection (and many of us do), you’re setting yourself up for disappointment and guilt.
You CAN get back on track today. Even if you’re moving slowly, you’ll be moving in the right direction!
*adapted from Sparkpeople.com