Recipe of the Week
SOUTHWESTERN BLACK BEAN SALAD
- 1 (15.5 oz.) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 9 oz. cooked corn, fresh or frozen (thaw if frozen)
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1/3 cup red onion, chopped
- 1 scallion, chopped
- juice of 1 1/2-2 limes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoon minced cilantro to taste
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 medium avocado, diced
- 1 jalapeno, diced, optional
– In a large bowl, combine beans, corn, tomato, onion, scallion, cilantro, salt and pepper.
– Squeeze fresh lime juice to taste and stir in olive oil. Marinate in fridge for 30 minutes.
– Add avocado just before serving.
SERVINGS: 13 (1/2 cup for side dish or 1 cup for main): CALORIES: 80 (160 for main dish); PROTEIN: 3gr.; FIBER: 3gr.