Anti-Binge Cheat Sheet
Have you ever found yourself in a downward spiral? A binge? Here are some tips on how to stop a binge from happening. Remember, not every idea is going to work all the time but all are worth a try!
- NEVER EAT FROM THE BAG OR BOX: Portion out the serving. Put servings in baggies so when you want the certain food all you have to do is grab a baggie.
- EXTEND YOUR MEAL TIME: It takes 20 minutes for your brain to get the signal that you are full. Use smaller forks and spoons, forcing you to eat slower.
- FIGURE OUT IF IT IS HUNGER OR A CRAVING: If you are looking in the fridge and don’t know what you want to eat, IT’S NOT IN THERE! Grab a glass of water and walk away. Our bodies don’t know the difference between hunger and thirst.
- WHEN A CRAVING HITS…DISTRACT YOURSELF: Cravings are usually for a specific food. Walk away and get involved in an activity (clean a closet, fold a laundry, read a book, go for a walk, and take a hot bath…). The feeling will usually dissipate. If it doesn’t, take a small serving of the particular food and ENJOY it.
- MAKE SURE YOU AREN’T SKIPPING MEALS: Being overly hungry will cause you to overeat. Don’t multitask when eating…pay attention to what you are eating.
- SCHEDULE FREE WEIGHT LOSS INTRO: having that extra accountability and structure makes a HUGE difference! Call or email [email protected] 914.670.0600 to set it up!
If you do binge, it is not the end of the world…
- -Don’t beat yourself up!
- -Write down what you ate and move on.
- -Make the best choices possible each day. If 80% of your eating is good and clean, 20% allows for life to get in the way.
- -LOT’S OF WATER, a trip to the gym, a good night’s sleep will also help!