A Night to Remember
Healthy Fit Mamaroneck’s first annual recipe swap this past Thursday, December 16th, was quite the event! Our studio was filled with the delectable scent of great healthy sample snacks. Members and the Healthy Fit team were able to share helpful healthy cooking tips and read through the NEW Healthy Fit Holiday Cookbook! Be sure to ask for a copy during your next visit to the club! Congratulations to member Robin Campbell (Elegant Occasions, CEO) who submitted her recipe below for Meringue Kisses, which was an awesome hit! Great job to all members who came out with samples and appetite!
Keep these 5 easy tips in mind to lighten up any recipe during your holiday cooking!
1. Sauté your vegetables using low sodium vegetable broth instead of oil or butter.
2. Choose a cheese with more flavors so you can use less and still achieve the same desired effect.
3. Use Greek yogurt in place of sour cream in your favorite dips, as well as thickening agent in cooked dishes.
4. Veggies can compliment any dish, adding nutrient packed bulk to your meal for few calories.
5. Make your own marinades by mixing vinegar with citrus, and just a bit of oil, passing on heavier oil-based dressings.
These simple switches can cut calories and boost nutrition to any dish!
Robin Campbell’s Meringue Kisses
1 12 oz. package of chocolate chips
2 egg whites
1/8 tsp. salt
1.2 tsp. vanilla
¼ tsp. cream of tartar
½ cup sugar
Beat egg whites with salt, vanilla, and cream of tartar until soft peaks are formed. Gradually add sugar and beat until stiff. Fold in chips. Drop by teaspoon on cookie sheet lined with foil. I apply a non-stick spray to the foil. Bake 20-25 minutes in a 300 degree oven, until a little brown. Cook for ten minutes. Enjoy!
Cristina “Crissy” Andreoli
Social Media Representative, Mamaroneck